If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right uner copyright, please report alleged copyright infringement taking place on or through the site. Upon receiving the request dudepins will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate.
1. Identify the copyrighted work that has been infringed. If more than one piece of your work has been infringed please send one list including all infringed material.
2. Identify where on the site the infringed material can be found. At a minimum we require, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the site so that we can properly located the infringed material.
3. Provide the appropriate contact information (mailing address, telephone number, email address, etc.) for us to get in touch with you.
4. Please include both of the following statements in the body of the notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- "I hereby state that the information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perfury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Provide your full legal name
What if I receive a notice that I have committed a copyright infringement?
This means a piece or several pieces of content you have posted or shared on the site have been removed. If your account receives too many copyright infringement complaints your account may be disabled.
If you feel the content has been removed in error, you have the option to counter the claim. When we receive a valid counter claim we will forward a copy to the person who filed the original complaint. If we do not hear back from the original filler of the notice within 10 business days that they are going to seek a court order to prevent further infringements then we will remove the complaint from your account. Please understand there are legal consequences to your actions.
How to file a Counter Claim
1. Reply to the notification email you received
2. Include ALL of the following information:
- Your full legal name, address, and telephone number.
- The source address of the content that was removed
- In the body of your message “under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed in error.”